Do you dream of staying at one of the most beautiful holiday spots on Earth? Then dream no further. The Cinque Terre in Liguria, Italy is known as the 5 Lands and is the perfect mix of old world solitude and breathtaking nature that will help turn your dreams into reality.
When you step into the Cinque Terre region, you feel like you have stepped into a dream. The picturesque beauty, woven with old world charm cannot be found anywhere else in the world as it is found in Cinque Terre.
The Cinque Terre is located along the Riviera coastline within the Liguria region (Province of La Spezia) and is made up of the five villages of: Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore
You will find Cinque Terre nestled between Genoa and Pisa. Traveling to the Cinque Terre is like being transported back to classic Italy but with the modern luxuries of Europe’s best resorts, shopping, nightlife, excellent food and amazing hotels.
Every year, thousands of travelers seek out the unparalleled Cinque Terre for the atmosphere, majestic views, natural hiking, local flare, shopping and of course, the flavorful night life.
Italy has grown with the modern world and now incorporates corporate businesses and tourist attractions in order to lure more visitors to the country. The exception to this is the Cinque Terre. The 5 villages within Italy have stayed in keeping with their traditional roots and held onto their old world charms while surrounded by unmatched views.
The picturesque beauty and charm of the mountains and coastline have been the cause of thousands of travelers making the journey. Visitors even travel thousands for miles from around the world just to partake in the striking qualities and unique sights that make their Cinque Terre, Italy experience unmatched.
There are several options to stay within the Cinque Terre. You can choose from Cinque Terre Hotels and quaint Bed and Breakfast options. People often fall in love with the region so much that they extend their vacation and stay in the available Apartments and Villas.
Highlights of the 5 villages:
1. Corniglia has the highest elevation at 330 feet above sea level and is completely surrounded by rocky terrain with a short walk to a glittering white beach.
2. Manarola is marked with colorful houses making it look like a painting. This town is said to be from the early 14th century and is one of the oldest villages. The wineries and the famous Love’s Trail are the draws to this small village.
3. Monterosso al Mare is best known for its breathtaking beaches and stable climates. Count yourself lucky if you get to experience a wonderful sea storm.
4. Riomaggiore is famous for its Riomaggiore wine. People find themselves with a bottle of the famous wine taking in the colorful fishing boats, whales, dolphins, and kayaks.
5. Vernazza is an automobile free village with fishing as the main activity. This village produces one of the best tasting olive oils. Make sure not to miss visiting the Santa Margherita d’Antichia church.
Cinque Terre is a hiking paradise that caters to adventurers with clearly marked paths so hikers can customize their own hiking adventure. Hikers will enjoy walking their way through picturesque trails that often wind through vineyards and span all 5 villages.
Spending time in Cinque Terre in Liguria is a must and the surrounding areas should not be ignored on your journey. The Province of La Spezia and Province of Genoa are also a must see.
The Cinque Terre Ntional Park is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Begin your old world adventures in Cinque Terre and the surrounding areas. Plan your vacation today for memories that will last a life time (Image Credit: flickr.com/photos/rkarthick/6242479860).